Tuesday 11 October 2011

C.O. Bigelow Rose Salve Review

There are basically two major companies making Rose Salve. One is C.O. Bigelow (available at Bath and Body Works and some drugstores) and the other is Smith's (available at Sephora) I know a lot of people who swear by the Smith's variety, but I bought the C.O. Bigelow kind during a "buy two, get one free" promo at Bath & Body.

I mostly bought it because of the tin.


I have mixed feelings about this stuff. At first I was using it as a lip balm. It added a nice sheen, with just a hint of rosy color. I actually quite liked the look and feel of it, until about day 3 when all around my mouth broke out in the worst case of acne in the history of my face. 

Since the packaging reads "lips, face, cuticles, elbows, knees" I figured I'd keep it and try it out on other areas. Turns out that it's great on really dry elbows, rough patches on feet, and I LOVELOVELOVE it as a cuticle oil substitute (it absorbs super fast!). In the winter when I get annoyingly rough patches between my fingers, I'll slather some on there too. It moisturizes really well, and has a nice light floral scent.

I'm curious to try the Smith's Rose Salve, since I have heard such great things. I'm hoping to do a comparison in the near future. What do you guys think? Have you tried either?

C.O. Bigelow Rose Salve is available at Bath & Body works for $5.50. Click here for more info.


No comments:

Post a Comment