Friday 21 October 2011

Dr. Pepper Lip Smacker: Your Lips But Better?

I had read on another blog fairly recently (I'm sorry, I don't remember which one, if you know please leave a comment so I can give credit!) that the Dr. Pepper Lip Smacker gives what experts call the "Your Lips But Better" effect. It has a sheer red tint, that just adds a little oomph to everybody's natural lip color. I decided to stop by Wal Mart to pick one up and try for myself.

Warning: Memories of second grade may come flying back.


I ended up taking before and after shots of my lips so you can compare for yourself! There wasn't significant change, but I do agree that there is a slight reddish tint, and it obviously makes my lips look more hydrated.



This was before. Nothing on my lips. They're oddly pink naturally.


And After! I feel like the difference was slightly more noticeable in real life,
but hopefully you can see some of the change in these photos.

Verdict: Yes, the Dr. Pepper Lip Smacker does give you the YLBB effect, but it may single handedly transport you back to elementary school. It still smells awesome, and still tastes vaguely of crayons, but for under $2, who cares?

Dr. Pepper Lip Smackers are available at drugstores, Wal Mart, and basically anywhere else that might sell lip balm (but it is usually stuck in the kiddie make-up section and not the lip balm isle) You can get more info here


No comments:

Post a Comment