Friday 7 October 2011

Queen Helene Mint Julep Face Masque: Review

I'm going to start this off by saying I rarely put anything other than water and makeup on my face. Most cleansers seem to either make me break out, or dry my skin out so bad that it starts to flake. So I was pretty interested when I heard good things about the Queen Helene Mint Julep Face Masque.


Really good stuff, despite the packaging.


I think I may be in love with this stuff. It smells like mint gum, and has a slight tingling feeling when you put it on. After about 15 minutes of awesome minty face tingles, you can wash it off with warm water and a wash cloth. It leaves my face smoother than a baby's bottom, drying out zits, but not my face. It even worked to dry out the zits on my sister's super-stressed-because-it's-midterm-time face.

Since I've used this, I've noticed my face looks brighter, and my usual makeup seems to cover my face more evenly. It's a little bit magical.

Oh, and did I mention it's an awesome green color so you can totally play "Zombie Attack!" while you're waiting for it to dry? Because that's totally what my sister and I did the first time. It scared my cat.

In Canada, you can purchase the Mint Julep Masque in a big tub at Sally's Beauty Supply (about $7), and in the U.S., you can find it at Walgreen's. Or if you don't mind waiting for things to come in the mail, everyone can buy it here (where it comes in a fun squeeze-tube!)




2 comments:

  1. I love this stuff! It's great and so relaxing! :)

    http://brittanyssecret.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I've got my entire family and at least one friend hooked!

    ReplyDelete