Saturday 22 October 2011

DIY Weekend!

Yesterday, I attempted to give myself an at-home pedicure. My nail polish skills are far from awesome, so it only ended up looking okay, but before I ruined everything with paint, I made myself a little scrub, and oh, was it amazing.

For your own at-home-foot-scrub, you'll need two ingredients which you likely already have:

1. Olive Oil. Any brand.

2. Epsom Salts. Again, any brand is fine.


For mine, I mixed about 5 tbs of salt with about 1.5 tbs of oil. You can play with yours a little if you want a more oily/salty consistency. 

I soaked my feet in a warm bath for about 5 minutes, then massaged some of the scrub on. I used a wash cloth for extra scrubbing power, but I'm sure you could also use a loofah or pumice. Then I rinsed the mixture off my feet, and quickly went over my feet again with the wash cloth to get rid of some of the excess oil. Once I dried off, I was good to go!

The epsom salts I had laying around happened to be lavender scented, so it all smelled very lovely, and the olive oil left my skin crazy soft. I would have thought it would feel like I dropped a greasy burger on my foot, but not at all! 

I had the afterthought of adding tea tree oil to it, for added fungal and bacterial fighting power, but couldn't seem to find my bottle. If any of you try this at home, let me know how it goes!

Over all, this is a pretty wonderful scrub, easy to make, easy to use, and super crazy cheap! Your feet will love you for this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment