Saturday 8 October 2011

Revlon Quick Dry Top Coat Review

I used to hate top coats. I just didn't understand the point of them. They never seemed to add anything to my polished nails. But a few months ago, I picked up a bottle of crackle nail polish and I decided to also get a bottle of top coat, because (not fully understanding how the crackle worked) I was worried the crackle might fall off without it. I ended up picking up whatever was on sale.


This is what was on sale.


Revlon Quick Dry Top Coat was on sale that week for $3.99. I decided to give it a shot. That moment was life changing.  Or at least, nail changing.

If you're into nail polish, you know that Seche Vite is the holy grail of top coats. It dries quickly, and has an unbelievable shine.  I've tried Seche Vite at a friend's house, and I can honestly say, I like this stuff better.

The dry time on this is just slightly longer than SV. You're going to be un-smudgeable/un-dentable in 3-5 minutes. The shine is the same. The price is quite a bit less (when it's on sale), it won't shrink or discolor your manicure, and it's way easier to find!

The thing I really love about this top coat, is the consistency. It's thin enough to evenly spread over my nail, but thick enough to not get messy.  I find the more top coat I use, the faster my nail polish dries, so I tend to just put a big blob near my cuticle (when my nail polish is still a bit tacky), and gently spread it across my nail. It hides any minor imperfections, and evens out nicely.

This top coat can be up to $9 in stores, but if you shop around or wait for a sale (it's almost always on sale), it can be found for $4-5.

You can find the Revlon Quick Dry Top Coat at Wal Mart and most drugstores, or you can buy it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment